Soldiers and nurses outside Hope Folly in Whitecroft Road, Meldreth
This photograph shows soldiers and nurses outside Hope Folly. Hope Folly was used as a prisoner of war camp during the first world war but this photograph suggests it may also have been used as a hospital.
The only person in the photograph that we have been able to identify so far is Charles William Thurley, who is pictured second from right in the middle row.
More information about Hope Folly can be found on our website.
These are the most popular keywords used on the site.
- Holy Trinity Church; Meldreth (38)
- Public Houses (including former public houses) in Meldreth (31)
- Topcliffe Mill; North End; Meldreth (23)
- May Day Celebrations; 1961 (18)
- Meldreth Railway Station (16)
- Village Hall;The; Meldreth (16)
- Course; Frank (15)
- Village Shops; Meldreth (15)
- British Queen Public House; The; High Street; Meldreth (15)
- Stocks; The; Meldreth (15)
View all the keywords used in this catalogue.